Mohamed K. Amr
December 1997- January 2009:
· Alternate Executive Director, representing Egypt and 13 Arab countries on the Executive Board of Directors of the World Bank in Washington DC.
September 1995 – December 1997:
· Ambassador of Egypt to the kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
· Representative of Egypt to the Organization of Islamic Conference.
January 1993- September 1995
· Deputy Assistant Foreign Minister For African Organizations.
January 1989- December 1993
· Minister Plenipotentiary , Embassy of Egypt in Washington DC.
September 1987- January 1989
· Counselor , Responsible for Multilateral Diplomacy and Organizations, Cabinet of Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs, Cairo , Egypt.
August 1982- September 1987:
· Counselor, Egyptian Mission to the United Nations, New York.
· Representative of the Egypt on the United Nations Security Council (1983-1984).
Since joining the Egyptian foreign Service:
· Besides posts mentioned above, served in various positions in Egyptian Embassies abroad including Embassies in; Addis Ababa, London, Beijing and Canberra.
· Represented Egypt in many international and regional meetings including meetings within the United Nations system; the Organization of African Unity; Economic Commission For Africa; African Development Bank: Non-aligned Movement and the Organization of Islamic Conference(OIC).
· Graduated from Alexandria University in 1965 with a degree in Economics and Political Science.
· Born on December first 1942
· Married with two boys.